“For me the best advantage of studying online with LSM was the flexibility and the option to work full time. Due to the strong competition for jobs and the work experience employers nowadays often ask for, being able to work full time whilst studying not only gives students the opportunity to pay for their studies right away, it also gives students the advantage to apply for certain jobs once the studies are finished without the lack of work experience.”
– Corinna Traurig
Course Leader for the Online Business Management Degree Programme
Modules for the Online Business Management Degree Programme
- Demonstrate a full understanding of the environmental challenges facing international marketers.
- Show how an international marketing mix can be applied to real case examples.
- Distinguish between the ranges of market entry methods.
- Construct an international marketing plan.
This module of the online bachelor’s degree in business management gives students the opportunity to undertake an in-depth marketing project for a client organisation. Students will work on a live project for which they will be expected to work towards a solution to a ‘need’ that the client will have
|How to pass:
||You should achieve a minimum overall mark of 40%
||Presentation and report
- Recognise and critically evaluate advantages to be gained by working on a ‘live’ time-constrained project and be aware of the difficulties this will involve.
- Explore and evaluate the business and marketing information needed when working with external clients on a live marketing project.
- Demonstrate information collection, classification, prioritisation and analysis skills as well as problem-identification skills and relate this to marketing theories and concepts.
- Working as a group, present a commercially credible proposal to an outside client, using a written presentation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of strategic resource capabilities of business organisations, the organisations’ strengths and weaknesses and their impact upon organisational dynamics.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the nature and dynamics of the competitive environment in which business organisations operate, with particular focus on environmental threats and opportunities.
- Undertake a detailed analysis and evaluation of the resource capability and competitive environment of business organisations, with particular focus on the straetgic fit of such organisations.
- Interpret that detailed analysis correctly and then report and present those findings in an appropriate manner.
- Understand the practices and leadership behaviours that are required to participate in and effectively respond to change and challenges in the workplace.
- Consider the practical difficulties and challenges arising from planned and unplanned change.
- Evidence heightened personal understanding of change in relation to workplace participation.
- Demonstrate critical analysis through engagement with practical difficulties of managing organisational change.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the strategic issues and choices facing business organisations; and the resource implications of the strategic management process, bearing in mind recent developments in strategic thinking.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the implementation issues facing business organisations; and the role of leadership and innovation in the management of change.
- Undertake a detailed analysis and evaluation of the strategic options available to a business organisation and then report and present those findings in an appropriate manner.
- Develop an understanding of the complexity of the dynamics concerning sustainable management in its three dimensions: planet, people and profit.
- Critically evaluate individual and organisational actions and behaviour against a framework for sustainable management practices.
- Examine the various types of corporate ‘failures’ and evaluate the policy responses available together with the case for sustainable management.
- Choose and define the scope of an appropriate area for structured desk-based investigation/design/development.
- Collect, organise, understand and interpret information from a variety of appropriate resources, acting autonomously, with minimal supervision.
- Identify, select and justify the use of appropriate techniques, methods and development strategies.
- Critically evaluate evidence to justify and support conclusions/recommendations.
- Communicate effectively in a form appropriate to the topic chosen and audience identified and produce detailed and coherent work.
Projects you will be part of for the Online Business Management Degree Programme
Building your corporate brand
For this module assessment, you need to choose a brand from the Interbrand Top 100 list and then answer 4 questions on brand management, using the Customer-Based Brand Equity Model. You are allowed a maximum of 12 slides. Soft copy of your slides including detailed speaker notes are to be submitted as well.
Marketing driven businesses
In light of emerging customer demands, companies are now prioritising Marketing as a company-wide concern. Having decided on a specific company, you are to identify a company problem that demands a marketing solution. By conducting an audit of the marketing situation for the company, you are to present your findings and recommendations in a clear and justified manner
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT ANALYSIS
Strategic Management Case Study
This assessment is based on a case study and contains four sections that cover four main thematic areas of the module. You are required to carry out your own research on this case organisation and collect relevant information beyond what is provided in the case study. By applying strategic management modules and supportive research, it is important to display your critically thinking and critical analysis skills when answering the assignment questions
SUSTAINABLE MANAGEMENT FUTURES
The dynamics concerning Sustainable Management
This module is assessed based on 3000 word report on a company of your choosing. You are to critically evaluate the company from the perspective(s) of business ethics, corporate social responsibility and/or sustainability using two contrasting conceptual or theoretical approaches. The range of material you analyse could include information provided by the company as well as other sources such as stories in the media or specific incidents the company has been involved in.
ORGANISATIONAL CHANGE MANAGEMENT
Implementing change in an organisation
This assessment is based on three main elements of the module; strategic change, resistance to change and employee involvement. You are required to answer three assignment questions, each based on one of the three elements, and use theory to support and justify your response. The assessment aims for learners to become aware of the practical difficulties of managing and coping with organisational change; and also to consider how effective workplace change might be achieved by individuals, teams and organisations.
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT IN ACTION
Developing a company strategy
There are three case studies presented for this module assessment and you are required to answer an assignment question for each case study. The first question will be based on the strategy development processes. The second question will test your knowledge on the structural changes required for a company to succeed and the final question will be on leadership and strategic change in an organisation.
UNDERGRADUATE MAJOR PROJECT
Your research project
To complete your online Bachelor’s in Business Management degree programme, you are required to conduct research on a selected topic relating to business and management, and submit a dissertation. Organisational and time management skills are crucial to carry out this project as you will be assessed based on your ability to identify and formulate problems and issues, evaluate information, conduct a literature review, determine solutions and present your findings.
Entry Requirements for the BA in Business Management (Top-Up) The prerequisite knowledge and/or experience you would need to study this course:
FAQs for the Online Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management
Who should attend?
LSM Education’s accredited Online BA in Business Management (top-up) degree is the best online management degree for individuals who wish to secure a business degree course within a year, without having to commit to a three or four-year programme. Upon completion of this business top-up degree, individuals will have the knowledge needed to evaluate key business models, and help contribute positively to an organisation’s success.
What’s included before I enrol?
Free consultation – One on one communication with our student advisors to help you select the ideal course for your career development.
What's included after I enrol?
- A welcome webinar – Conducted by a member from our academic team to provide you with an introduction to the course.
- Extensive course materials – Our online BA in business management degree cost includes structured lecture notes, practical application of theoretical concepts with industry examples and case studies that challenge you to apply your knowledge
- A comprehensive e-library – Containing the recommended study texts for your course modules and access to Mintel market reports.
- Interactive webinars – Conducted by module tutor before and after you submit a draft assignment or face a mock exam.
- Dedicated one to one tutor support – He/she will work closely with you and provide complete guidance to help pass your assessments.
What happens after I complete the course?
Upon successful completion, you will be provided with the following:
- Certification from the University – Delivered to your residential address and does not mention the study mode on the certificate as distance learning.
Can I get additional help?
We understand that online education requires more than one-way communication from the tutor. As a student of LSM Education following the online Bachelor’s degree in business management, you will be assigned a personal tutor to clarify and sort any enquiries you may have. In addition, we also provide student support through the following methods:
- Mock examinations/ draft assignment feedback – Before your final assessments for this business degree course, you will be given the opportunity to present your work to a tutor for feedback. This will help you to identify whether you meet the requirements, where you could improve and how you could improve.
- Administrative support – You will be provided guidance from our dedicated administrative team. Their role is to answer all your questions with regard to the business top-up degree course structure, assessment deadlines or any other course related questions you may have.
- Peer support – Share study questions and ideas with your fellow course mates on our multi-platform accessible learning platform. To gain the best value from your online degree in business management, we recommend that you use this facility to network and build strong connections with your course mates.