“My experience with LSM is something worth sharing. If you are looking for a school of marketing to study with, be taught by great tutors and still have the time to work or do business, then LSM is the school for you.”
– Mordi Ochi
Course Leader for the BA in Marketing degree (Top-Up)
Modules for the BA in Marketing degree (Top-Up)
- Demonstrate a full understanding of the environmental challenges facing international marketers.
- Show how an international marketing mix can be applied to real case examples.
- Distinguish between the ranges of market entry methods.
- Construct an international plan.
This module of the online degree program in marketing gives students the opportunity to undertake an in-depth marketing project for a client organisation. Students will be given a live project for which they will be expected to work towards a solution to some ‘need’ that the client will have identified.
|How to pass:
||You should achieve a minimum overall mark of 40%
||Presentation and report
- Recognise & critically evaluate advantages to be gained by working on a ‘live’ time-constrained project and be aware of the difficulties this will involve.
- Explore and evaluate the business and marketing information needed when working with external clients on a live marketing project.
- Demonstrate information collection, classification, prioritisation and analysis skills as well as problem-identification skills and relate this to marketing theories and concepts.
- Working as a group, present a commercially credible proposal to an outside client, using a written presentation.
Strategic Management Analysis
A BA in Marketing degree covers all aspects of an organisation, from the way in which all departments contribute to achieving business goals, how business challenges are overcome, to aspects such as the way in which changes within the organisation affects employees in an organisation. In this module of the online Bachelor’s degree in marketing, students will gain an understanding about how an organisation will try to achieve a high level of employee engagement by re-shaping their attitudes, and behaviour in conjunction with the changes taking place within the organisation.
|How to pass:
||You should achieve a minimum overall mark of 40%
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of strategic resource capabilities of business organisations, the organisations’ strengths and weaknesses and their impact upon organisational dynamics.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the nature and dynamics of the competitive environment in which business organisations operate, with particular focus on environmental threats and opportunities.
- Undertake a detailed analysis and evaluation of the resource capability and competitive environment of business organisations, with particular focus on the strategic fit of such organisations.
- Interpret that detailed analysis correctly and then report and present those findings in an appropriate manner.
- Understand the practices and leadership behaviour that are required to participate in and effectively respond to change and challenges in the workplace.
- Consider the practical difficulties and challenges arising from planned and unplanned change.
- Evidence heightened personal understanding of change in relation to workplace participation.
- Demonstrate critical analysis through engagement with practical difficulties of managing organisational change.
- Critically analyse core marketing principles and how they are applied in retail marketing.
- Make an in-depth comparison of marketing mixes and strategies in the context of national and international retail operations.
- Critically evaluate key variables affecting the future of retail marketing.
- Develop an understanding of the complexity of the dynamics concerning sustainable management in its three dimensions: planet, people and profit.
- Critically evaluate individual and organisational actions and behaviour against a framework for sustainable management practices.
- Examine the various types of corporate ‘failures’ and evaluate the policy responses available together with the case for sustainable management.
- Choose and define the scope of an appropriate area for structured desk-based investigation/design/development.
- Collect, organise, understand and interpret information from a variety of appropriate resources, acting autonomously, with minimal supervision.
- Identify, select and justify the use of appropriate techniques, methods and development strategies.
- Critically evaluate evidence to justify and support conclusions/recommendations.
- Communicate effectively in a form appropriate to the topic chosen and audience identified and produce detailed and coherent work.
Projects you will be a part of for the BA in Marketing degree (Top-Up)
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT ANALYSIS
Your Strategic Management Case Study
This assessment is based on a case study and contains four sections that cover four main thematic areas of the module. You are required to carry out your own research on this case organisation and collect relevant information beyond what is provided in the case study. By applying strategic management modules and supportive research, it is crucial to display your critical thinking and critical analysis skills when answering the assessment questions.
Building your corporate brand
In this assessment you are asked to choose a brand from the Interbrand Top 100 list and then explain your chosen brand by answering 4 questions, using the Customer-Based Brand Equity Model. You are allowed a maximum of 12 slides. Soft copy of your slides including detailed speaker notes needs to be submitted. Furthermore, you are required to answer the 4 questions from the viewpoint of your brand using the 6 building blocks in the Customer-Based Brand Equity Model.
ORGANISATIONAL CHANGE MANAGEMENT
Implementing change in an organisation
This assessment is based on three main elements of the module; strategic change, resistance to change and employee involvement. You are required to answer 3 assignment questions, each based on one of the on three elements, and use theory to support and justify your response. The assessment aims for learners to become aware of the practical difficulties of managing and coping with organisational change; and also to consider how effective workplace change might be achieved by individuals, teams and organisations.
UNDERGRADUATE MAJOR PROJECT
Your research project
To complete your Bachelor’s in Marketing degree programme, you are required to conduct research on a selected topic relating to business and management, and submit a dissertation. Organisational and time management skills are crucial to carry out this project as you will be assessed based on your ability to identify and formulate problems and issues, evaluate information, conduct literature review, determine solutions and present your findings.
Entry Requirements for the BA in Marketing degree (Top-Up) If you wish to enrol in this programme, please make sure you meet the following entry requirements:
FAQs for the BA in Marketing degree (Top-Up)
Who should attend?
Since marketing is a vital part of any business, possessing a BA in Marketing degree (Top-Up) will open many doors of job opportunities for you, regardless of which industry you wish to excel in. If you are already occupied in a marketing executive position, a fast track Marketing degree will give you the power to work your way up through the ranks and stand out from the competition.
What’s included before I enrol?
Free consultation – One on one communication with our student advisors to help you select the ideal course for your career development.
What's included after I enrol?
- A welcome webinar – Conducted by a member from our academic team to provide you with an introduction to the online marketing degree course.
- Extensive course materials – Our degree cost includes structured lecture notes, practical application of theoretical concepts with industry examples and case studies that challenge you to apply your knowledge
- A comprehensive e-library – Containing the recommended study texts for your course modules and access to Mintel market reports.
- Interactive webinars – Conducted by module tutor before and after you submit a draft assignment or face a mock exam.
- Dedicated one to one tutor support – He/she will work closely with you and provide complete guidance to help pass your assessments.
What happens after I complete the course?
Upon successful completion, you will be provided with the following:
- Certification from the University – Delivered to your residential address and does not mention the study mode on the certificate as distance learning.
Can I get additional help?
We understand that education requires more than one way communication from the tutor. We excel in offering the best student support services. As an online Bachelor’s in marketing degree student of LSM Education, you will be assigned a personal tutor to clarify and sort any enquiries you may have. In addition we also provide student support through the following methods:
- Mock examinations/ draft assignment feedback – Before your final assessments for this fast track marketing degree, you will be given the opportunity to present your work to a tutor for feedback. This will help you to identify whether you meet the requirements, where you could improve and how you could improve.
- Administrative support – You will be provided guidance from our dedicated administrative team. Their role is to answer all your questions with regard to the online degree program in marketing structure, assessment deadlines or any other course related questions you may have.
- Peer support – Share study questions and ideas with your fellow online marketing degree course mates on our multi-platform accessible learning platform. To gain the best value from your fast-track Marketing degrees programme, we recommend that you use this facility to network and build strong connections with your course mates.